How do I track time for a project?
You can track time for your projects by using Harpoon’s timers, or by manually adding your hours to Harpoon. First let's cover how to use a timer.
You can manage time-tracking timers by visiting your Timers screen. Here you can start using an existing timer, or create a new blank timer by clicking the "Create New Timer" action in the upper right of the screen.
You can use a timer as follows:
- Description: You can provide a short description of what you're working on.
- Project: Select the project that you're working on. This will cause your tracked time to be grouped/assigned to this project.
- Task: Select the type of task that you’re working on for this project. To learn more about customizing these tasks view the Time-Tracking support articles.
- Ticker: If the timer is running this field will automatically update with the current amount of time tracked. Or you can choose to manually type in an amount of hours (the timer counter must be paused to do this).
- Start/Pause: This button allows you to start and pause the timer ticker.
Once you're ready to log your tracked time make sure the timer is paused and click the Log Time button on the timer. The timer will give an indication that your tracked time has been logged.
Adding Hours Manually
If you'd like to bypass using a timer and just want to record your hours manually you can use the "Add Hours Manually" action in the upper right of your Timers screen. This will provide a quick entry form for manually recording your hours:
To view a history of your logged time-tracking entries you can view your Time-Tracking History screen. Your Time-Tracking History screen is where you can view, filter, and organize all of your recorded hours entries:
To learn more about the details of time-tracking view the Time-Tracking support articles.