How do I track time for a project?
You can track time for your projects using Harpoon’s Timer. To create a Timer click on the green Create menu in the top right of your screen and select New Timer.
This will take you to the Timers screen where a new timer will be waiting and ready for you to use.
You can now use the Timer as follows:
- Description: You can provide a short description of what you're working on.
- Project: Select the project that you just created. This will cause your tracked time to be grouped/assigned to this project.
- Task: Select the type of task that you’re working on for this project. To learn more about customizing these tasks view the Time-Tracking support articles.
- Ticker: If the timer is running this field will automatically update with the current amount of time tracked. Or you can choose to manually type in an amount of hours (the timer counter must be paused to do this).
- Start/Pause: This button allows you to start and pause the timer ticker.
Once you have some time on the ticker click the Log Time button on the Timer. The Timer should give an indication that your tracked time has been logged.
To view a history of your logged time-tracking entries go to your Time-Tracking History screen by clicking the "History" link at the top of the Timers screen.
Your Time-Tracking History screen is where you can view, filter, and organize all of your recorded hours entries. You should be able to see the entry you just logged in the list below the chart on this screen.
Nice work! You’ve successfully recorded your first time-tracking entry. To learn more about the details of time-tracking view the Time-Tracking support articles.